This looks really nice. Thank you for sharing this.
This draft can be woven easily on a 4-shaft loom. Your reason for using 6 shafts is a good one. Thanks for explaining this. You might also post the 4-shaft draft so it will come up when people search for 4.
You might need to add weight to the white and green supplementary warp threads because they interlace much less frequently than the blue warp threads. You can probably do this at the back of the loom when needed.
You could experiment with weaving a twill background, perhaps a broken twill, along with the supplementary warp design. Your sett is probably for plain weave but a sample could be fun. Twill would give a more even distribution of warp tension but would change the look and feel of the cloth.
I thought about the differential take-up between the 5/2 pattern and the rest. I am pretty sure I will have to cut off the warp at some point and retie, as I put 4 yards on the back and don't think this little guy has the take-up room on the front cloth beam to accommodate that same amount in woven fabric. Considering that, I decided to just weight the pattern warps off the back if it became a problem as you mentioned.
You suggestion about treadling alternate patterns occurred when letting some non-weavers treadle the warp Monday eve, and they "stumbled" upon an interesting variation to the background areas! It actually looked pretty cool...so when I get bored of this plain weave version, I will be experimenting. (And with other weft colors, too!)
And it is a *really* good suggestion to add the 4 shaft version for folks to find. Gosh, did you know you were on my mind as I was manipulating my pattern? (And I was wishing I had your dexterity with the software!)
I am not sure how I found this draft posting, but I had to tell you that I have one of your cases. It is in my purse right now. Its pretty, nicely woven, and really well finished. Thanks!
<p><span style="font-family: Times; font-size: 16px; line-height: normal;"><div style="color: #000000; font-size: 10px; font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif; font: normal normal normal 13px/160% Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: #f4f4f4; background-position: initial initial; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;"><p style="font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif; font: normal normal normal 13px/160% Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif;">I started with Stickler's 8-shaft draft, treadling option A & B. Then turned it. Eliminated some of the redundant shafts, came up with my own colors and treadling option(s). Decided to spread the tabby area out from 2 shafts to 4, so I would not have to redistribute heddles on the loom I intended to use. IMHO, it is much faster to re-draft on the computer than mess with heddles!</p><p style="font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif; font: normal normal normal 13px/160% Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif;">This project is designed to be woven at 24 epi, 8" wide on a Structo "Mighty Metal Monster" loom using 10/2 for the plain weave areas in light and dark blue, with the pattern yarn 5/2 for the Monk's Belt in white and lime green. The final project is to be eyeglass cases for the MAFA 2010 conference goodie bags. </p><p style="font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif; font: normal normal normal 13px/160% Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif;">The loom may be at the Rhinebeck meet up if the weather is nice!</p></div></span></p>