Felt 8/2 tencel was heavy for scarf. Used 8/2 cotton for weft on the vest panel. That worked well.
Made four of these, one for me, and three women's, one each in small, med, large. The women's have princess seams. Each vest has cotton lining. The pattern is one I modified from "Ginny's Coat" out of Davison's book. A very surprised look on the mannequin too!
My first attempt at a vest. The pattern is from Carol Strickler's book of 8-shaft patterns. The purple lapels and tan back (not shown) are microfiber suede. The lining is purple cotton. And I'm in my frozen mannequin pose.
This fabric was inspired by Bonnie Inouye's workshop called "The Big Twill", which changed the way I think about weaving and pushed me to be more creative when designing fabric! The vest pattern is the same as the one I used for Vest #1 - again, thanks to Daryl Lancaster. I added buttons made from polymer clay in colors to match the fabric and braided miles of kumihimo trim as a finishing touch.
inspired by 1970s weaving books, I experiment with formed weaves. the goal is to have holes like arm holes and neck holes woven into the fabric, so that it can be assembled quite easily after getting off the loom. since I weave with a small RH (15"), I've woven one front and the according back together in one warp and then the other side. So far, it's a partial succes, since I miscalculated the warp length. But no real harm done ;o)
The fabric, which started out to be for a kimono, wasn't drapey enough, so I made a vest of it by sewing two long rectangles up the back. It fits a variety of sizes nicely.
I learned my lesson about beaming a stretchy yarn (merino/tencel) and an inelastic one (tencel) together. I had tension issues galore and I lost quite a bit of yardage. Originally, I had planned on this being a jacket :)
Pattern is Park Bench Pattern Co. It is called the Woodstock vest. I also made the skirt out of fabrics I dyed/overdyed with indigo.
I laid the two fronts out so the stripes went in different directions for fun.I pieced the back, added piping to distract from the fact that the stripes didn't match up where it was pieced and added embellishment where a bunch of warp threads broke. I did not line it because I wanted it to stay very soft. I did sew grosgrain ribbon in all the seams and stabilized the fabric behind the buttons and the button holes.