OK, this was a long project. It was inspird by the two articles in Handwoven about the people who wove cloaks modeled after the Lord of the Rings, in Nov/Dec 03 and Sep/Oct 04. I bought the green handspun yarn first, then gradually over the years found yarns I thought would work. Finally I decided I needed one last color, a light soft aqua, preferably hand spun. I found it on Etsy. Now to design. I pulled out all the yarn I had accumulated, laid it out in the sunlight, squinted my eyes and pulled out anything that did not go together, no matter how much I wanted to use it. I was left with six yarns. I reserved on as the weft, and the other 5 I warped in what I called a sonnet pattern. Each yarn was assigned a letter a - e and I warped aaaaaa,ababab,bbbbbb,bcbcbc etc, repeating all the way across. I wove this as a v-shawl, doublewoven, following Kerstin Froberg's book Weave a V. It was a bit more complicated to do than I thought it would be (that is a very long story, many problems, trial and error, learned much) and I was interupted by hip replacement surgery. Finally finished weaving, tied off all the fringe, and fulled it. Then I brushed it all over with a baby brush for softness and nap. I do go on, none of my projects are short and simple.