It's that time of year again! WARP renewal forms are speeding your way or you an renew or join right now online.
Thanks to everyone for their support in 2014. It was a big year for WARP. Check out our updated, resource rich website and our first Artisan Textile Resource Guide, a digital flipbook full of textiles to purchase, wholesale and retail, and member services including consultants, designers, tour operators, and other that support community that rely on textiles to feed their families and educate their children.
Plans are well underway for WARP's signature event, WARP's annual meeting. Brief rundown of the speakers below. There will also be an artisan textile marketplace, demonstrations, silent and live auction, and plenty of networking opportunities.
- Kathleen Mossman Vitale on Challenges of Documenting the Maya Textile Tradition
- Maggie Leininger (Industrious Anarchy) and Rebecca Burgess (Fibershed) on Engaging Communities through Sustainable Textiles
- Amanda Smiles (Ruraq Maki) on Synthesizing Traditional Textiles and Fashion Design in Peru & Bolivia
- Rocio Mena Gutierrez (read her blog) on the Importance of Textiles to Grassroots Economies in Guatemala
- Maren Beck and Josh Hirschstein (Above the Fray: Traditional Hilltribe Art) on the Weaving Culture of NE Laos