Wool stripe sampler questions
What variables should I weave and test in samplers for this fabric?
- Project: pouch to hang around neck
- Fabric: varied width vertical stripes
- Warp: worsted wool (stripe color)
- Weft: cotton (8/2 ?)
1. Shrinkage - loom tension, wet finishing, 2 different fibers. I understand this one.
2. What would you do to test the sett? Wraps per inch =10. I have a heddle size 8 & 10. Note from Weaver's Companion book: Warp faced balanced weave: wpi x 2= epi. But the thinner cotton thread in the weft would not be a balanced weave. Right?
3. What other tests and comparisons would you do?