What happened to our glossary?

I just went to look at the spreadsheet glossary we made on google docs.. and there is only Italian, English and German. What happened to all the other languages. I haven't been around much so wanted to check before going back to the archives to restore it.

Meanwhle  I'm trying to translate Droppdräll and Myggtjäll  to English from Swedish. Likewise find  Bronson Lace in Swedish...




Posted on Fri, 12/09/2011 - 10:16

I am sorry to hear that, Marie, it was a good thing to have. I haven't been around much either, so hadn't noticed. I hope you can restore it somehow.

Posted on Sat, 12/10/2011 - 10:28

It must have happened in the last month (or maybe two), 'cos I was looking at it not too long ago.

Also, the Italian is off by one row (should be "pushed down")...

Posted on Tue, 12/13/2011 - 16:45

Puh, I made a copy to secure it. It`s a liittle bit of work, but I will insert the columns step by step in the next days . And the next one, who is working at the glossary:



Posted on Wed, 12/14/2011 - 11:36

There is something wrong, a bit down the words are not staright across, so to speak, the translation of an English term is a little ehm was it up or down now? - from the English. You can see it clearly under "countermarch"

I am not going to touch anything! I'd be bound to make a mess of it!!! ;-)

Posted on Wed, 12/14/2011 - 14:45

Hi, Marie,  in my book "droppdräll" is 'self-patterned tabby' and 'huckaback'.  "Myggtjäll" is 'mock leno'. Astrid


Posted on Sun, 02/05/2012 - 19:00

I can't find the link to the spreadsheet so I hope you don't mind if I ask this question here. What would be the French words for treadle and pedal as applied to a four-shaft loom? I need to know how tell someone to "treadle 1" as opposed to using pedal 1.


Posted on Sun, 02/05/2012 - 21:33

I have no idea what the French weaving terms are called, but i have never heard of a four-shaft loom having anything but treadles!