Deflected Doubleweave Translation

  Hi ,

are there any suggestions how "Deflected Doubleweave" is called in other languages?. In Germany we have no term for it. I found some swedish like "false dubbelväv ".If there are some literature tipps, they are very welcome. I found a lot in " Fabrics that go bump", and two issues of " Handwoven"  but I´m looking for more about it.



Posted on Sun, 05/30/2010 - 14:47

There is a lexicon on the forum du filage where I am to. The term is not there. so I just posted the question about it. I'll see later on what answers will come out.


Posted on Sun, 05/30/2010 - 16:06

Some Swedish books (and teachers) call it cell-väv.
However - some other Swedish books (and teachers) use that word for something completely different...

Posted on Sun, 05/30/2010 - 21:27

Someone on my forum du filage (spinning forum) suggest : tissus à structure épaisse ; that's in French. The litteral for it, il a fabric with thick structure. I doubt that's exact tough.

Posted on Mon, 05/31/2010 - 17:22

First thank you for your information and your help. I can see it is not easy to find out more at the moment. It seems to be an origin american term.I tried with the terms a Google image search. But I hadn`t much sucess.


Posted on Mon, 01/24/2011 - 18:33

Thank you Marian for this tip!

I´m always searching for the foreign terms , so that I can google.  And Surprise I found you and your interesting homepage. Funny thing I´ve took class about Schijndubbel Weefsel by another dutch weaver.  Maybe you know Roelie Schouten ?

Is Deflected Doubleweave very common among the dutch weavers?

Groeten !


Posted on Sat, 06/02/2012 - 09:03

Well even I am not getting meaning of Deflected Doubleweave in Spainish language. Will have to ask any Spanish translator i guess.