I picked a table runner, threaded in Hollywood pattern, and woven with rag strips as my first attempt on the new loom. After a few adjustments to the dobby, a little oil and a larger compressor, I finished my first project. I figured out how to reverse the dobby in case I needed to unweave a pic which happened a couple times when not all the shafts lifted properly. The front apron rod is so heavy that it unwinds the warp beam until the rod gets to the cloth beam, that was fun. Hard to reach the air brake lever and wind the warp beam in the back at the same time. I have enough warp for one more runner and then I'll thread for rugs.
I am amazed how few problems I had getting this loom up and running. I don't know that it has ever been fully functional. And it sat in a warehouse for at least 1 year. I am guessing it is at least 5 years old. I have been talking with the folks that I got the loom from for over a year, can't believe it is finally in my studio and working! A good day, and it's my birthday!