Pre-Recorded Class: Weave Now on the Rigid Heddle
Whether you are new to weaving or want advice, Weave Now walks you through weaving a scarf on the rigid heddle loom. Amelia gives practical advice for quality results with these portable looms. Learn by watching and by weaving ... the workshop is organized for you to weave along.
Through a PDF and a live a Webcam presentation, participants will learn:
• rigid heddle loom features and weaving tools
• to plan a project
• to efficiently warp the rigid heddle loom
• smooth techniques for weaving a balanced fabric with nice drape
• to avoid weaving errors and how to fix them
• fringe techniques and the importance of fulling
• Headphones or Speakers
Amelia Garripoli purchased a house that came with two llamas in 2001. Her life has been a whirlwind of fiber pursuits since, publishing Productive Spindling in 2009 and monographs and articles on fiber arts. She spins for Yael Bakal Studios' tapestries and teaches online and at major wool shows in the US Pacific Northwest. In 2012, Amelia opened her Port Ludlow, WA studio where she explores fiber, grows dye plants, and holds workshops.