PRE-RECORDED CLASS: Beginning Inkle Loom Weaving
No weaving experience necessary! The inkle loom is portable, easy to warp, easy to weave off, and makes beautiful warp face belts and bands. Daryl uses it to trim her garments. Every weaver should own one. Weaving along is optional but encouraged. Through a PowerPoint and live Webcam presentation, participants will
• learn to make heddles for the loom,
• learn to follow a draft
• learn to warp the inkle loom.
• learn proper techniques for weaving a tight even band with good selvedges
• learn finishing techniques like twist ply fringe
• Explore design options and ideas
This Video is 2 Hours and 32 Minutes
After you purchase this class you will receive the login informattion and video URL within 48hrs.
• Headphones or Speakers
Daryl Lancaster, a hand-weaver and fiber artist known for her hand-woven garments has been sewing for more than 45 years. She gives lectures and workshops to guilds, conferences, and craft centers all over the United States. The former Features Editor for Handwoven Magazine, she frequently contributes to various weaving and sewing publications.