This loom was given to me, already threaded from the spools, in original Lily 20/2 cotton. I decided to try out the two Atwater patterns in the instruction manual to see how the loom would weave. It weaves GREAT. Once I started weaving, I realized the original owner used the wrong colored spool in the middle. So I replaced that spool with the right color, only to find that spool had more yarn on it, hence it fed into the weaving at a different rate than the rest. So I had to rig up a bit of weight on the back so that it would feed consistently with the rest of the spools, under similar tension. Each bottle weighed 4 oz, so that was just over a pound of weight on that one spool.
If you want access to the drafts, they can be found under the files folder over at [email protected]
I felt a little badly these designs didn't come out squared. On such a small loom, a "large" design like this disappears before you get a chance to visually make sense of it. The surprise for me was comparing my sample to the picture in the 1950 manual—their sample pattern was also elongated! (I didn't feel so badly after that.)
That's a great pattern. And of course, the Structo just jumped right out at me when I checked the recently finished projects (big surprise that!)