Welcome Guest. Login/Register.
10 weavers online | help

deleting a comment

11 replies [Last post]
Ellen's picture

Hi.

I made a comment on a recent project (plain weave scarf?) and somehow the thing popped up 3 times! I have tried to get rid of two of them without success, so just had to write that I tried. Is there no way to completely delete a post?

Ps. I often find it confusing when I click the SAVE button under a comment. The text does not seen to get saved, just appears in another format. If I do not click SAVE again, it does not end up in the site.

up
0 users have voted.
Nassajah's picture
Ellen

I saw your comment three times and thought maybe you were having this problem ( or maybe you really, really want the information). You are correct. I've found myself wanting to delete a posting, but couldn't and yes, we aren't 'saving' it, we're posting.

up
0 users have voted.
Sunny View's picture
Posting and deleting a comment

I tried to post a comment but when I clicked save it did not post my comment, only my name and subject. When I tried to delete it I could not. I looked under help and cannot find how to do this.

up
0 users have voted.
Claudia Segal's picture
Hi I'm not sure why your post

Hi
I'm not sure why your post could not be saved unless you were not signed. In or you were in a group you have not joined.
Posts can only be deleted by am admin. If you post the URL in this comment thread I am happy to take care of it.
Claudia,Weavo co-founder

up
0 users have voted.
Neshobe's picture
posting always iffy for me

I have the same kinds of problems, not so much wiht multiple posts, but with composing and then trying to "save" and having it open with a message that "comment field is required"-- with empty comment field. This happens repeatedly. And yes, I am always logged on. I am learning to copy everythign before I try to post, as it happens often (some days, almost always). Some days I just give up and stop trying. Only so much time in a day. Sometimes it works to hit preview first, then save, but not always. Also, I am unable to make changes to my profile. That is, I can make changes, but cannot save them (there is no "save" function that I can see, unless I am missing something). I have made changes to my profile before, and had problems then too.

NOTE: editing to say that posting worked just fine this time. Yesterday was making me nuts!

up
0 users have voted.
Claudia Segal's picture
Neshobe, I'm not sure why you

Neshobe,

I'm not sure why you are having trouble posting. One thing I often repeat (my apology if I have already told you this) is to remember that Drupal (the software Weavo was built on) does not do well in IE.  If you are using IE for your browser, this will cause lots of grief with Weavo and any other Drupal site like ebay, etc.

If changing browsers doesn't improve matters, please let us know and we'll get back on the issue.

Claudia

up
0 users have voted.
fibercrone's picture
deleting post comments

I tried to delete 2 post comments (http://weavolution.com/group/small-forma...) but the best I could do was to enter the word delete in both subject and comment fields. Is there something I can do to completely delete the the visual vestiges of the comments, or maybe something you can do. The third comment gets lost beneath the first 2.

up
0 users have voted.
Claudia Segal's picture
There are a few people with

There are a few people with admin privileges who can delete duplicate posts if you give us the url.
Thanks for your attention to this issue.
Claudia

up
0 users have voted.
patle's picture
Delete a post, please

Thank you for your offer to delete duplicate posts! I posted an update to a comment I'd made earlier, and it posted FIVE times instead of one because I kept trying when I thought it wasn't working! The name of the post is Victory!, and the URL is http://weavolution.com/forum/weaving/bobbin-stuck-25024#comments

Again, thank you, thank you . . . (five times)

up
0 users have voted.
patle's picture
Delete a post, please

Thank you for your offer to delete duplicate posts! I posted an update to a comment I'd made earlier, and it posted FIVE times instead of one because I kept trying when I thought it wasn't working! The name of the post is Victory!, and the URL is http://weavolution.com/forum/weaving/bobbin-stuck-25024#comments

Again, thank you, thank you . . . (five times)

up
0 users have voted.
patle's picture
Oops!

Sorry! I duplicated my request!

up
0 users have voted.
cottageweaver's picture
Ditto - same problem here

Hi, I had the same problem this morning on one of my own projects. I tried to post a reply to a comment and first I got the message that the comment field was required (even though I had typed in comment text), then it saved the post with my name and the subject line, but no comment. I tried and tried to edit it without any success. (It also would make sense to allow the poster of any given comment to delete it.) I'm using IE, so sounds like there's an issue using that with Weavolution. I finally was able to post the comment again.

up
0 users have voted.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strlen() in /home/weavol5/public_html/sites/all/modules/boost/boost.module on line 4218