Welcome Guest. Login/Register.
21 weavers online | help

Pendleton Loom

7 replies [Last post]
steve104c's picture

Does anyone have a Pendleton Floor Loom? I have a chance to get one. A 87H/10T Jack Floor Loom. I want to make rag rug items. Will this handle this type of weaving?..............................Steve.

biomade's picture
87!!

EIGHTY-SEVEN harness, that must be a very big loom ;=)

Joanne Hall's picture
rug weaving on a Pendleton

Hi Steve,

Is the loom close enough to try it out before you purchase it?  You are accustomed to weaving rugs with a hanging beater and the jack loom will not give you the tight tension you are accustomed to.  But it might be ok for placemats.  Are you still weaving those?

Joanne

patchworkfibers's picture
Did the dryad not work out

Did the dryad not work out for rag rugs?

steve104c's picture
87 harnesses

Eighty-seven harnesses. That is possible, isn't it. I clicked on preview first before posting, then tried to to correct it and it wouldn't change. I didn't think anyone would notice so I went ahead and posted.  The Dryad loom works better than I thought it would. It makes a very tight weave. I am very pleased with it. I have been making rag rug handbags. I now have 5 floor looms and have each one set up with a different width warp. One 28" for rugs. One 18" for large handbag. One 13" for placemats and small handbag, and one, 5" for mug rugs. Makes it much easier to make all the different things I am trying to sell....................Steve

cleeso_1's picture
Pendleton loom

Did you get the loom?  I just bought an 8 shaft/46" Pendleton and the harness housing seems to lean backwards.  Wondering about yours.

kb29's picture
Pendleton Loom

I just got temporary custody of a 24" 8 shaft Pendleton floor loom.  No printed information with it.  the reed appears to be an 8 dent reed.  there are harnesses on 4 of the shafts.  I signed up for a Craftsy class and am excited to try this baby out.  will be watching Weavolution for any tips along the way.

pammersw's picture
I've got a photo of one and

I've got a photo of one and the whole harness assembly/castle appear to lean backwards. I guess they are supposed to?